Table of Contents
Some Basic Methods For Canon Printer Troubleshooting
If you are tech users you must know some awesome hacks or shortcuts to speed up your computer. Like you, we also have some awesome hacks or tricks up under our sleeves that might be able to help you to resolve Canon Printer Setup errors. But there is something you need to consider as you do not need to try them all just try them one by one until you find the one that works for you the best.
Do some basic canon printer troubleshooting
The first thing you need to do is to check your connection by which you have connected to your printer carefully. It is worth a shot as it might be a possibility that there is some loose connection between your device and the printer.
If you use a USB connection
- Check if the USB cable connection is loose or not. If yes, reconnect it properly.
- Stop the use of a hub between your device and canon printer.
- Change the USB port or change the USB cable as well.
If you use a network printer
- Check your router connection and your network devices carefully.
- Check your network connection status on your device.
- Try to reconnect your network cable, if necessary use a USB cable for your printer.
If you connect your printer via Bluetooth
- Make sure your device is at an appropriate distance from the printer.
- Try to troubleshoot your printer via your computer.
Run the printer troubleshooter
By using windows built-in troubleshooters you can check the reason behind your Canon printer not responding to errors and might be able to fix it completely. To run your printer troubleshooter try the steps given below:
- Press the Windows key, search for troubleshooting, and open it.
- As the troubleshooter opens:
- For Windows 10 users, click Printer and then Run the troubleshooter.
- For Windows 7, click “Use a printer”.
- Follow the prompted instructions to complete the canon printer troubleshooting process.
It might be enough to fix the Canon mx490 printer not responding to the error. If not, there are more steps to try on…
Restart the printer spooler service
The printer spooler service manages your print jobs and the communication between the printer and the computer. Spooler service not working may also be one of the reasons for the Canon printer not responding properly. You need to reset the spooler service to see if this fixes the issue.
- Press Win Key + R to invoke the run command.
- Now type Service.msc on the prompt tab and hit enter.
- Now search and click on Print Spooler, then select Restart.
- Check the printer to see that, the printer issue is resolved or not.
Update your Printer Driver
One reason why the printer shows the “Printer not responding” error is because of the wrong printer driver installation or if the printer driver is out of date. If that’s the case with your printer as well check for printer software update or go to the official website of canon printer and download the printer driver as per the model number of your printer.
To conclude I just want to say that Canon Printer not responding is one of the most common errors a user came across while using a printer. Most of the time this error can be resolved easily by using the methods mentioned above. However, if you are still having troubles with your printer you can get in touch with our customer support executive via canon.com/ijsetup. They all are well-educated personals and experts in their field. So don’t worry as they are going to resolve any errors that you came across in a matter of minutes.